• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

used xj parts in the tampa, fl area???

sharq

NAXJA Forum User
im looking for parts to do a 4wd conversion to a 95. ive been quoted s much as $700 for a d30 front w/ 355 gearing. that is way too much. i am willing to tow any parts xj fitting the spline count for my year. anyone know any cheap place to get the parts i need? i need front axle, drive shafts, tranny/t-case assembly, linkage, etc... im also looking for a guage cluster because i have the dummy lights. any info on these parts in my area for a reasonable price will be appreciated.

I recommend you try LKQ Copher (Formerly Copher Brothers). If you go to one of the already pulled for you places (Like Clearwater auto parts (aka Barely Used) or Starkey auto parts in Pinellas Park) they'll bend you over pretty good. Let's just say I pulled and bought my NP231 in perfect condition 2 years ago from LKQ for $99 and it's been working great ever since.

In our area these guys are your best bet for affordable u-pull parts. They usually have several XJ's in the St. Pete and Clearwater yards. Don't know about the other two since I haven't been to them. Supposedly the Clearwater yard is the biggest.

Here are the numbers for all 4 of their yards.

LKQ Copher Self Service Auto Parts - Bradenton, Inc. (941) 753-4451
LKQ Copher Self Service Auto Parts - Clearwater, Inc. (727) 572-1976
LKQ Copher Self Service Auto Parts - St. Petersburg, Inc. (727) 546-9224
LKQ Copher Self Service Auto Parts - Tampa, Inc. (813) 247-6496

HTH,

Mark

i already tried the one in tampa, they didnt have a 95 xj in the yard. im kinda lookin for a parts xj in town that someone wil sell me for a very good price. i just got out of college so i dont have a lot of money yet.

www.floridajeepers.net

PM a guy named yellowxj (I think that's his name here as well). He's got XJ's laying all over his car lot. $700 is WAY steep for a D-30...I've picked them up for $150-300 (and $300 was steep).

Heck...if you wait a year I'll sell you everything off my '98 you need short of the tranny tail housing and I'll let it go cheap.

Tigershark the rig doesn't need to be a '95 to make the conversion... any 84-99 D30 that is non-disconnect with your current gear ration will work, as will shafts, tcase, etc. I used to live in Pinellas Park and hit copher's countless times over the years with great success... I think you should be able to get everything you need for less than $700. Good luck.

-Kevin
cyberbackpacker

yeah, i know it doesnt have to be a 95 but i wanted a donor vehicle to be a 95 so i woulnt have to worry about sline count or anything else that may not be compatible from another year. that way there wouldnt be any surprises when im bolting everything up.

what years would everything be compatible for this conversion? or better yet what years for each specific part would be compatible? for example, what years would the tranny/t-case be compatible?

Since you have 3.55 gearing I'm presuming you have an auto.

With that said...you do not need the entire transmission...just the tailhousing and output shaft. This alone should save some money and work.

Then all you need is a t-case meant to fit behind the AW4 tranny and your golden. THe front axle would be best if you got it from a '97-'99 as it will still be the HP AND will have the stronger 297 u-joints already...it will bolt in.

thanks 043500 for the info. is there anything i should keep in mind in regards to the rear drive shaft? and which t-case do you recommend?

I would run the 231 as there should be many more of them out there...and there's more aftermarket for them.

As for the driveshafts...stock driveshafts (front and rear) from a 4 wheel drive XJ would be what you need (unless going with a huge lift etc)

043500 said:
Then all you need is a t-case meant to fit behind the AW4 tranny and your golden. THe front axle would be best if you got it from a '97-'99 as it will still be the HP AND will have the stronger 297 u-joints already...it will bolt in.
Actually, there are more options available than that. See http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=67372 for more info.

Back