• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Paintless Dent Removal

Quarterwave

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has had any success with the various paintless dent removal tools that are on the retail market. I've got a few parking "cherries" that haven't creased the panels nor scratched the paint, and I just want to straighten them out as easily as possible.

I heard a friend of mine say that a plunger sometimes works - has anyone tried that ?

Thanks in advance,

Quarterwave

ive used a devise called pops a dent...all it is is a hot glue and it pulls little dents out great, bigger dents are more of a problem tho...for $20 cant go wrong

The paintless dent removale tools DO WORK. However, it takes skill... I've watched the paintless dent guys work down at the body shop.. and boy they are good. I've never seen them use the hot glue tool.. just various hooks, picks, long ones, short ones.

Dry Ice. I've seen it take small dents out like hail damage. The extreme cold temp shrinks the metal and pulls the dent out. Haven't tried it myself just saw some Paintless mobile guys do it.

Cool, I'll have to try that.
I've got a couple to get out.

red_01_xj said:
ive used a devise called pops a dent...all it is is a hot glue and it pulls little dents out great, bigger dents are more of a problem tho...for $20 cant go wrong

This also goes by the name of 'Ding-king' It worked for me but getting the glue off the paint was a very laborious task. When i used it on a dent on a crease in the body panel and the end result was a less noticable defect, on flat surfaces it works well.

Dry ice does work on small dents...just take a peice in a GLOVED hand and hold it on the dent for maybe 20-30 seconds...sometimes it will pop out while the ice is in place, sometimes you need to add a little heat to it if its cold outside(hit it lightly with a heat gun then use the dry ice).

At work we have 2 guys that just do dents. They use PDR[Paintless dent removable] and they do a good job. With the various cuved tipped rods and such. There might be a slight wave from where the dent was, be eh... Dents they can't get out get bondo-ed and painted.

Back