• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My jeep is breathing?

zfinger

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, so I went to the end of my road and back, and when I came home and parked it, I walked by the ass end, and it sounded like someone was under my Jeep breathing really hard. It was coming from the diff region, and it was pretty loud,like someone with ashmah just ran a marathon.

Now the gas tank was damn full. I blew the headgasket in my 240sx, with a full tank of super, so I sucked it out and put it in the Jeep. Was that a vent in the tank I was hearing? Explain it to me cuz it was quick an odd sound.

They all gurgle like that when pretty full.

It's some kind of spring that holds a float ball in the neck- from what I understand there's a fix available from the dealer but it's such a pain in the ass to do most people just live with it.

I've heard the float knocking around in there, and I've heard the gurgaling before, but this was all all out breathing noise. Same thing though huh

It hisses, gurgles, makes all kinds of noise. really does sound like it's talking sometimes.
if you still have the noise when you've got less than 1/2 a tank of gas then it may be something else.

WobblesXJ said:
you did check to make sure no one was clinging to the undercarriage right?
That was actually the first thing I checked, my neighbor really enjoys scaring the hell out of me while I'm working in the garage, I figured he might have been in the bushes.

Friday while I was putting in the lift, I heard a cat in the bushes, went to go chase it away, and he jumped out, I damn near shit myself. Last weekend when I was changing the oil he just stuck and airhorn in the door and went to town. So yeah, I checked under the Jeep, around the Jeep, around my parent cars looking for him.

zfinger said:
That was actually the first thing I checked, my neighbor really enjoys scaring the hell out of me while I'm working in the garage, I figured he might have been in the bushes.

Friday while I was putting in the lift, I heard a cat in the bushes, went to go chase it away, and he jumped out, I damn near shit myself. Last weekend when I was changing the oil he just stuck and airhorn in the door and went to town. So yeah, I checked under the Jeep, around the Jeep, around my parent cars looking for him.

I'd be looking for him too.......with a baseball bat or a can of mace.

Back