• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mountain biking in Moab

johnnyc

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Here's a couple of oics from Monday when Remi, Avery, Curt, and I rode Porcupine Rim.

Avery dropping in (and yes, he is wearing lycra).
moab007.jpg

Remi walking a tough section.
moab010.jpg

And our SAG wagon.
moab014.jpg

xjohnnyc said:
Avery dropping in (and yes, he is wearing lycra).
moab007.jpg
All I can say is that I'm scarred for life
moab010.jpg
What do you mean a section? it was ALL TOUGH

And our SAG wagon.
moab014.jpg
Actually you got it wrong. This is the alternative means of powering the vehicle. Should that paricular XJ get into more then it can handle, the bikes come down and a group of bystanders gets conned into driving them in order to pull out the vehicle in question.

You all may not be aware of this, but this is not the NAMBA website. Go back and drink some more of your MoMo beer and call us if you get a buzz.

:D

I'm just jealous, that's all.

xjohnnyc said:
moab010.jpg

Remi pretty much walked the whole thing.

Did Ron know he was going to tow Sequoia's $hit all the way out there just to be bike support?

moab014.jpg

cracker said:
Remi pretty much walked the whole thing...

That's funny! Ardis was watching a group approaching from off in the distance on a part of Hell's Revenge. They were pushing their bikes. They came by us and she asked them how thier ride was going. One guy said "Ride? I've been pushing this damn thing for hours now..."

cracker said:
Did Ron know he was going to tow Sequoia's $hit all the way out there just to be bike support?

If I had, I'd of charge a transportation fee. :D

--ron

cracker said:
Remi pretty much walked the whole thing.
I admit only to walking about 2/3 of that uphill section and that one funky tight turn spot at the end where you had to carry the bike down a bit. Rest of the time I was in the saddle (except for the OTH incident).

JEEPZZ said:
I didn't know some of guys brought bikes. Maybe next year I'll bring mine down... maybe.
Johnny had his bike out last year and IIRC he did more biking than wheeling. This year it was the other way around: more wheeling than biking, but it was still worth it. I think I'll have my bike out with me again next year.
Hey, thanks again from bringing that tranny mount for me.

Kejtar said:
I think I'll have my bike out with me again next year.

And you'll be ready for the 'slight grade?'

Back