• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moab Friday-Hell's Revenge

footdale

NAXJA Forum User
Sorry I didn't catch or remember everyone's real/screen names, but those on the trail: Bob, Rick, Capt. Ron, SeanR, Dwanye, TJ Ron, Willy, Sean, and footdale.

All the pics my wife and I took are
here.

Here's a couple of pics and the video I took will be posted soon.
21.jpg

23.jpg

Okie Terry said:
Did Rick actually make it up Dump Bump this time?
No, but he was able to conquer his Potato Salad Demons!

Okie Terry said:
Did Rick actually make it up Dump Bump this time?
logdog said:
No, but he was able to conquer his Potato Salad Demons!
Comon Terry, you know it takes 'Zillas to do dump bump.

Danno said:
Anybody make it outa Mickey's Hot Tub?

Only Rick and Bob gave it a try and neither were able to make it unassisted. There was a few inches of standing water at the bottom that wasn't helping out.

footdale said:
Only Rick and Bob gave it a try and neither were able to make it unassisted. There was a few inches of standing water at the bottom that wasn't helping out.

That was condensed tranny fluid and oil posing as water. :D

--ron

Okie Terry said:
Ahem,
My MT/r's made it up.
It's gotta be the longarms.
Go short arm or stay at the bottom.
That's the real reason I stayed home.
As much work and money as I spent on the heep this year and Moab performance would have most likely diminished.

I am missing some pictures, Who has a picture of my wheel stand climbing out of Hell's Gate? Told the wife about it, Now I need to show her a picure...

I didn't make dump bump again. That damn thing is one slippery climb.
Goatman didn't make it either, so I guess that makes me feel a little better. Maybe it's not a long arm thing after all.

The tub was wet. I don't think any of us stood much of a chance at gettin' out.

I made it out of Escalator twice, once on Thursday night, and then again on Friday. It seems the best way out is to flop onto your left side so your drivers side tires slip out from under the jeep, causing a nice shift to the right, which then gets your pass. side rear tire higher on the right wall. If you can drive out of it on your left side, your rear won't fall in the right side. :D

Made it up Potato Salad this time, without playin' turtle. That was a huge relief, to say the least. Next year maybe I'll try Brads line from last year........or maybe not.

Rick

WFW WWU

Back