• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can't decide 33" or 34" TRXUS

BUCKYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have about a 5" lift now with lots of trimming and I am getting ready to get new tires but can't decide on 33" or 34" I will also be getting some new rims and was thinking of going to 16" rims any reasons to or not to? Also what are you opinions on the size of tire. I have D44 rear with a D30 front with 4.56 gears. Thanks

I absolutely love my 33s on 15x8s! In my opinion, the extra 1/2 inch of tire or wheel radius isn't worth the excessive increase in price. Save your money for other cool mods! That's about 250 bucks saved on tires (33/15 vs. 34/16) and I got all four of my rims for $135 installed at Belle Tire. But if you've got extra money... send me some! (seriously! I've got a truck payment coming up on my R/T :D )
Jeep on!
--Pete

27115731.jpg

Well, it's been my understanding that 33s are on nationwide back order with no end in sight, so that may make your decision for you. As for 15s vs 16s, I've got 16s and absolutely love them. I'm gonna be doing the WJ brake upgrade to my D30 and this wouldn't have been possible with 15s. HTH, Peace

Ary

P.S. I'm running 285/75 16s(33x11.50) and IMO it's the perfect size 33 out there. Just narrow enough to not rub anywhere, but still decently wide to give you a nice foot print. This is on wheels with 4.5" of BS.

Eek! Yeah, I guess "unavailability" may be the deciding factor. I wasn't aware of that (as I got mine used).
Jeep on!
--Pete

local shop has both sizes on hold for me. 33x12.5x15 are $125 each and 34x12.5x15 are 153 each

35's with a 5" lift hmmm that would be cool oh wait the wife couldn't get in then.

hey bucky, i think 33's would be perfect on ur setup man, especially since the trx's run big compared to a BFG or MTR.

Brad

P.S. are we still on for the trip at the end of july to grand?

Also remember that the TrXus are more true to size than a BFG or (gasp) MTr...the 33 wil be big enough to keep ya happy;)

Brad yes we are still planning a trip to Disney Okla on the 26th and 27th of this month.
Royce I have about 25,000 mi on them so far and still about 1/2 tread on the rear and the front around 1/4. (I have bad vibes in the front and its eating tires) I need an alignment and tire balance since I put the lift on.

Back