• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quadratec Leaf Springs

ajporter03

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1993 XJ 4.0 auto that is completely stock. I just ordered some new leaf springs because my old ones are shot. I own a couple of atvs and use a 6x8 trailer to pull them around, so I bought the HD springs. I have just a couple of questions. I have heard that a lot of guys like to remove their rear sway bar. What are the advantages and disadvantages of doing this? I was also wondering if there is anything that I need to be aware of. This looks like a pretty straight forward job. I have the haynes manual. I just don't want to screw this up. I might have a hard time convincing my wife to let me do anything else to it in the future. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Generally recommended to leave the rear swaybar on if youre going to tow, might not be needed if you have a HD spring pack. Downside to having a rear swaybar is that it limits your flex. In case youre wondering they dont have rearswaybar QD's. Id recommend new shocks when you do your springs, just 'cause.

Back