• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Picture of motor mount?

XJ16FW

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have a picture of a right side motor mount for a '95 XJ, 4X4, 6 cyl? My engine is missing some part of one. The engine seems to be resting on the distributor, and the fan is hiting the shroud.

I see a space between the bracket on the body and the one on the engine. There are no bolts left. Was there a rubber pad missing, or was the mount metal to metal?

Sounds like you need to replace the motor mounts. Do both at the same time. JIM.

i think he might have sheared bolts to the block.how about you give us a picture of whats yours looks like instead of you asking us for a stock one

best i can do

DSC00812.JPG

Thanks guys. Wil was right, it was sheared bolts. I found an old thread about that, but I don't see how you could get to them, to remove the remains. There isn't enough room to get even a right angle drill in there. I guess I will be pulling the engine out.

Back