• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering column wobble

Highlander

NAXJA Forum User
Searched already and couldn't find it.

I can take my adjustable steering column and move it up, down ,left and right. What can I do to fix it? It's getting annoying and worse!!

Thanks!

There's a little nylon spacer that's worn out...actually it is in here somewhere because I posted the part number a year or so ago. $10 part at the dealer + $200-something for them to replace it.

I'd try looking for posts where I've used the term 'nylon' or maybe 'spacer' but I'd put my money on nylon as being less common.

I remember reading it and saying "well glad I never had that problem" *L*

Guess that's what jinxed me.

Thanks for the help!

It may just be loose bolts and nothing actually broken. Did you see the write-up on the El Camino column in the other thread? The guts are exactly the same. If something is broken, you are going to have to take it apart, anyway. I would get in there and see if the 4 bolts are loose. It is kind of a pain, but with the right tools and some patience, it isn't too bad.

Yea I saw that, Thanks very much. Just trying to be prepared for the worst.

Back