• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Windshield Washer Problem??

Hemenechi

NAXJA Forum User
I own a 1994 Cherokee SE, The front washer does not want to work.
The rear washer works fine. I tested the pump off the battery and it turned on. but the pump dosent turn on when using the switching it from the colum, (No pump sound?)
Just seeing if anyone else can shed some light on this for me.

Thanks for any help.

Sounds like the column switch, in which case, you'll need to replace the entire thing.

One way to check is with a continuity tester. Remove the connector from your pump. Put one lead of the continuity tester on each connector making sure you have good contact. Activate your pump switch. If the switch is bad, the tester will do nothing. If it's good, you'll see or hear it.

I kinda did that. I disconected the plug from the pump and had 2 wires go from the plug to the pump then used the switch. nothing happned. but when i have 2 wires from the pump to the battery, it worked. i think its the switch.

Mine has cruise control will that be harder to wire up? or is there a plug i can just disonnect and reconnect with a new switch?

allright i found the problem the prongs on the pump were not contacting the plug when i plug it in. so i had to bend them with a leatherman, and needed to use electrical grease.

thanks for the help!

Back