• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

please help... wiper

Sham

NAXJA Forum User
i feel dumb asking but i cant figure out how to get me darn wiper arm off my right wiper does not work and im pretty sure the linkage is just not attached the thing is the little tab that you pull out to release the wiper arm is broken off, ive tried everything i can think of short of cutting it off and nothing works, i already have a new wiper arm for it and just need to get it off so i can get to the linkage and put the new one on, help would be greatly apreaciated

Just make sure you are lifting the arm far enough away from the windshield before trying to slide that tab out.

As stated, you definitely need to pull the arm away from the windshield before you star lifting the tab.

On the opposite side of the pull tab, there should be two 'fangs' that should be able to push to expose more of the tab which you can then pull with pliers.

If this doesn't make any sense, pull the other arm and have a look at the mechanism.

Last edited:
Sham said:
the whole tab is gone from the right side there is nothing to pull this is why im at a loss
If the WHOLE tab is missing, that leaves friction/corrosion....as the means by which the arm is being retained........??

Back