• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sequoia's progress

Andy Steiner

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
Superbowl is far away but we're alread selling squares.

Firstly, let me say that we hate to use anybody misfortune to have a good time, but if Sequoia didn't have bad luck, he'd have no luck at all.

You may or may not know that Ron Johnson offered to tow Sequoia's XJ up to Moab while Sequoia followed with Ron's XJ. Apparently, somewhere around Cedar City, Ron's transfer case blew out. The good news is that Sequoia made it further than Hysperia. The bad news, is that Sequoia can't seem to shake that demon.

Updates as we learn...

Andy Steiner said:
Superbowl is far away but we're alread selling squares.

Firstly, let me say that we hate to use anybody misfortune to have a good time, but if Sequoia didn't have bad luck, he'd have no luck at all.

You may or may not know that Ron Johnson offered to tow Sequoia's XJ up to Moab while Sequoia followed with Ron's XJ. Apparently, somewhere around Cedar City, Ron's transfer case blew out. The good news is that Sequoia made it further than Hysperia. The bad news, is that Sequoia can't seem to shake that demon.

Updates as we learn...
Do they need a tow from Cedar? For gas money I would run down there tomorrow.

Really, some one let us know,
we can rescue :D:D:D:D:D
for a price...
:D

Geepfreak said:
for a price...
I figure at 500 miles from here...give or take averaging 15mpg it would cost around 100 bucks for fuel....anybody wanna donate to the cause? :D

Sequoia's cell # 1-310-621-1634

Ron's cell # 1-805-312-5579

Oh, and Sequoia can NEVER drive my Jeep. :repair: :nono:

:)

Sorry Ron it seems Sequoia's luck strikes again. :D Hopefully you guys will be making to the Slickrock soon. We can fix anything if needed someway. We got here about 6:45pm local time and we tried to call. We will keep trying to get a hold of you when we can.

Woo hoo in Moab again!

Sequioa's still got to pick up that back seat from me - but he's not driving any of my rigs, either! I have enough trouble with them as they go now (only two are fully operational - with one set for a restomod and one for a long-term project...)

J/K - good luck getting there. But, you're still not allowed to drive anything I own with the Jeep label... Maybe a Ford, if I should happen to buy one in the next hundred years or so...

5-90

Ron and Sequoia are here :) but Ron has to go back to Cedar City to pickup his Jeep. :( Ok if anybody is coming out we could use a transfer case. Ron has a 242 but we could use a 231 if it will bolt in. Needed 23 spline input and possibly the rear driveshaft to work with it (since he has a 242 with Tom Woods SYE). A 242 would be great but a 231 will do for a swap. Looking to buy it not loan.

Mike R

My old 242 is down at Tom Woods shop in Moab. Has an RE H&T. Don't know if they're open today or not. At least I think it's still there. :dunno:

I'm leaving SLC/Ogden in about 1/2 hour.

Jeremy???

Dan.
801-389-4398

DrMoab said:
Do they need a tow from Cedar? For gas money I would run down there tomorrow.

I was bombarded with calls, but had most of the situation handled by the time I could check all of the messages, and had decided to make the return trip back for the Jeep. Talk about a support group!

Okie Terry said:
Well, that's typical.

Well, that's very enlightening, and just a ton of help, circa day before yesterday.

Geepfreak said:
for a price...

I got your price. :D

--ron

Back