• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Homebrew Skid designs???

JohnX

Sarge
NAXJA Member
I have looked at most of the designs out there from the manufacturers standpoint...how about your design? Measurements, materials required, weights of finished product, thickness of metals, shapes, etc.?

I want to build a tank skid and a belly skid/ crossmember. I want to use a very low profile mount and ditch the stock crossmember all together. I have all the fab. tools required...except a sheetmetal brake.

Anyway...toss out some designs if you have them, pictures would be nice too. Don't forget to mention any inherent problem you might think of or ran into yourself...clearance, noises, heat, vibrations, etc.

These will be for the 97, but older ideas should be able to be modified...so let me have 'em

Thanks,

Weasel said:
I know there a few good threads out there on this already try those.

I figured there were...but after tryings "skid designs", "skids", "homebrew skids", "belly", "tank skid", etc., etc., etc. I gave up and asked.

What would you search for?

yep, that's what I was thinking for the crossmember....does that replace the crossmember or just cover it?

is.php

is.php

Thanks weasel...Not sure why I couldn't find them?

Okie....That's AWESOME....almost exactly what I intended to do. What thickness on metal is that?

Back