• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pitman Arm Questions

Y2K-XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2000 XJ with the "Upcountry" suspension package.
I bought it brand new, and have never changed the pitman arm!

OK, so.........
I ordered a drop pitman arm to go with my new 5.5" lift.

It turns out that its the same darn length as the stock one thats on there right now!

So my questions are,
(1)did the upcountry suspension package come with a dropped pit arm from the factory?

or
(2)Might I have gotten get a Bunk deal?

also

(3)What are stock stock pitman arm dimensions?
so I can measure this thing and get to the bottom of my confusion...

Thanks!

I think they angle it differently. Thats the only difference for that size lift. I THINK! I also think this should be in modified.

I think you should have ordered a drop pitman arm, instead of a dropped pitman arm. I know not funny.

Y2K-XJ said:
(1)did the upcountry suspension package come with a dropped pit arm from the factory?
UC non UC pitman arms are same. If you want a cheap one that work get the grandcherokee one (through 97? or is it through 98 ones?)

You may have gotten one for a YJ, as a YJ drop pitman arm is the same as a stock XJ arm. You need to specify a drop pitman arm for an XJ, or go with the ZJ pitman arm.

I wouldn't use a drop pitman arm unless you're going to lower the track bar upper mount by the same amount. Otherwise you'll get bumpsteer.

Try it without the drop pitman, don't get it just because you 'think' it's needed.

Back