• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone ever use these??

sorry about the links, has anyone used Gabriel Hi-Jackers (Air adjustable shocks) how do they work? The description says you can adjust the air pressure to allow for heavier loads, I know they would ride like crap but wouldn't this in essence lift your vehicle as you increased the air pressure? or is my "red-neckism" showing and I don't understand?

is my "red-neckism" showing and I don't understand?

air shocks would probably boost your height some but i wouldnt rely on that for a lift,or for wheelin(ask me how i know)because your susp is still what holds your vehicle up.i am currently on a bb myself,all found at the local pickapart and guattozone,so it is possible to get a lift on the cheap. im even "upgrading"my lift to carquest coils and trading my aal to a s-10 main spring. (slowly working my way up to 3"s,lol).

how about helper springs to stop the sag in the rear? The half leaf 1500 pound helper springs that bolt to your leaf pack...that you can buy at autozone

I had some Hi-Jackers on my S10...They gave me about 3 inches of "lift", but that was only when the bed was empty. I think they are great for sagging springs to get back to stock height, but not very good for "lift". They also are no good offroad because they stiffen the suspension...no flex.

helper springs like that and the regular add-a-leaf are designed to support a heavier load. and as a side effect they lift the static height of the vehicle. so unless you are carrying a load all the time to compress the additional spring-rate, it will just ride like crap. that being said i would sugest getting a budget boost kit or at least copying whats in a kit with local parts. its a good way to learn how to wrench your junk. lift it step up a tire-size or 2 and learn from it. after a while you will learn what you really want out of your rig and plan accordingly.

Back