• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

retreads....

Cherokeekid88 said:
i was looking around and found www.high-tec-retreading.com and they have 31x10.50 mud terrain retreads for 55 bucks a piece and 260 shipped. was wondering if anyone has bought form this company, have heard good things about them but thought id come to the experts :)

search, i know ive personally posted about them before...

i have OTR MUDS and they suck if its wet but so far they have worn well and are pretty good offroad. get em siped or get the green diamonds, they need it if it rains a lot where you are.

hey i have a set of those they have worn good i have put about 10,000 miles on them and most of that had a slightly out of wack aliment. yea they kinda suck in the rain but i will buy them again when i go bigger.

I've researched them a lot and they have had a few bad reports but they always take care of the problem. For the most part they are a good tire for the price. Honestly I was ready to order a set very soon but after my day yesterday I realized how much more important it is to run low pressure than have tread. I ran on bald BFG MT's at 18 pounds and went everywhere the guys with 37" MTR's did. Given it was dry out, I think I'm gonna not order the retreads because I want to be able to air down.

You can air down just fine with retreads, I always did. You just don't run on the road for very long at low air pressure, but this goes for all tires. Retreads are not any more at risk for problems from low air pressure than any other tire.

You mention a few bad reports, care to elaborate?

A few people have reported tread seperating. Not many, just a few. Basically appears that every great once in while something will happen and a bad batch gets shipped out. They are real good about replacing them ASAP. They tend to just send out new ones at no cost. They don't even require you to ship the defective one back so you usually end up with a matching spare.

I've heard several people saying they air them down and several saying it is real hard on them. So we'll see. I just picked up some BFG's yesterday with about 60% tread for $30 each mounted/balanced so I'm good for a while now.

Back