• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Homemade posilock help

summitlt

NAXJA Forum User
I like have the ability of 2WD low, I made a posilock out of a choke cable from autzone. Then realized that I cant even pull it out, it wont enguage because I dont have the power to pull the cable out.

Originally I used a bike cable on a lever, the lever gave me enough leverage to be able to pull the cable. It worked fine but I thought this would be a little nicer.

I have the cable in the same exact hole on the shift fork and it just doesnt seem to want to move. I can get it into 4WD if I pull on the handle with a pair of plyers.

What have others done for a posilock?

Ya the posi lock is pricey but it works and it works well. You shouldn't have to force that shift fork at all, if you are something isn't lining up or the fork is broken. I've broken 2 forks just by trying to shift on the fly in a bad situation. Now i completely stop and just creep to engage it n it works just fine and no breakage.

Back