• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

where did my front lift go?

93xj-jeeper

NAXJA Forum User
basically i just put together a bastard leaf pack in the rear which netted a little more lift then i expected so i put on some coil spacers to even it out. before the spacers, measuring from the top of front tire to the fender flare i have always had about six to six and a quarter inches or so. after putting on the spacers, which were 1.75", and removing the stock isolator, i figured i would gain about one to one and a quarter inch.

initially after putting in the spacers i did.....measuring from the tire to the fender flare now measure about 7 and a quarter.

now only after a week or so it is now measuring about six and a quarter to six and 3/8.

im really confused! where did my lift go, and how could it go down so much! this would only net me about a quarter inch more lift or so then before the spacers, how could this be? i figured that the spacers after having weight on them could go down a little bit as they compressed but not almost a inch! does putting on spacers somehow cause you springs to sag easier, i wouldnt think so? and if so not this much this fast?

thanks for any help

Back