• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

T-case drop

el_roy1985

NAXJA Forum User
I was under my jeep today putting the front drive shaft back on and realized. "hey how the hell do you do a t-case drop?" The reason I was wondering is because it is directly connected to the transmission. Looking at mine I have determined that it is not dropped at all because the crossmember is flat against the "frame". I have a 6 inch lift though, so how does that work? From being on this forum I've heard that with that much lift you should have a t-case drop...

el_roy1985 said:
"hey how the hell do you do a t-case drop?"
You insert a set of spacers between the crossmember and the frame rail thus lowering the crossmember thus dropping the tcase
From being on this forum I've heard that with that much lift you should have a t-case drop...
Well, looks like you haven't been paying attention too well than :D The tcase drop is a cheap way to deal with driveline vibes which should be adddressed by having a proper length driveshaft with proper angles or an sye with proper length and proper angles (look around again for more info). In any case, the idea is that if your angles look right, and you don't have any vibes and you have enough spline engagement on the yoke into the tcase that you don't have to worry about dropping the shaft while on the trail (or even street) then you don't need it. If you have any of those problems adress them appropriately while keeping in mind that tcase drop should be the LAST choice.

So you'll be slightly angling the engine/transmission then... I guess I do need to look around more, I just don't visit the forum that much though.

Then you don't need to drop the t-case. Just shim the rear to point the pinion up along the driveline. It can point 1-2* below the driveshaft though since axle wrap will help point the pinion higher anyway.

Back