• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pulled drums..cracks in shoes....

JeepXJ93

NAXJA Forum User
Finally got around to pulling my drums tonight, and there are cracks that are about the width of a dime from top to bottom on the shoes, is this an issue that would cause noise when breaking b/c i have this strange rubbing/grinding noise whenever braking, stopped using only e-brake and it still happened, thats what lead me to pulling the drums off....so thats what i found, still more than half life on the pads, but the huge cracks right down the middle are making me think about replacing them. What do you guys think?

Thats what i thought, next question, i just brought it home from the dealer i bought it from last weekend, should i go back up to him and have him do it since its against the law for a dealer to sell a vehicle that hasnt been inspected (including brakes)? There are too many little springs and stuff and i'm not sure how to do it so i'd end up paying someone for the labor which i really dont want to do.

Back