• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock swaybar bushing sizes?

LittleAnthony88

NAXJA Forum User
Im about to order new polyurethane bushings for my 95 XJ sports front swaybar and in quadratec they have sizes from 23mm to 28mm and i have no idea which to get now. Can anyone answer this for me so i dont buy the wrong size 3 times over??

Very simple.

Go measure your swaybar!

Don't be scared to use the search feature!:wave:

Haleyes said:
Very simple.

Go measure your swaybar!

Don't be scared to use the search feature!:wave:

Im sorry, that was my first post and i dont know all the site options. Can u be as so kind to direct me on this search. I see the search word but then i get confused????

LittleAnthony88 said:
Im sorry, that was my first post and i dont know all the site options. Can u be as so kind to direct me on this search. I see the search word but then i get confused????
Wow,
Hit search.
Type in the subject you want to search.
hit GO.
Then sift through the results.

If you don't find what your looking for, try different terminology in the search.

Dosen't get much easier then that.

Don't be daunted with the Search feature. Like most sites, the search feature really sucks. You just have to be patient, use lots and lots of variations of what you are looking for.

I understand we all want immediate answers, but taking the time to search (even though the way it returns results sucks) will return information you never thought valuable.

LittleAnthony88 said:
No search in the world can definitively tell you what size sway bar is on YOUR Jeep. Go out and measure. The easiest way is to take a set of open-end wrenches and see what's the smallest one that fits around your sway bar. That's your bar diameter.

If you don't have metric wrenches that go that large, use SAE wrenches and convert. 1" = 25.4mm

If you have a Harbor Freight nearby, go buy one of these...

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=92953
92953.gif

If there's no Harbor Freight nearby, you can get the same thing (maybe a few more dollars) at any hardware store--Home Depot, Lowes, Sears, whatever. Or, but it online from Harbor Freight. Anyone who is going to do any work on... well, anything, really... should have one.

FWIW, I just replaced mine. I used the OEM replacement rubber ones. Quadratec= $10.00 shipped. Thought they would be worth a shot at only ten smackers. If they don't work out, I'll get poly.

dmillion said:
By the way, if you do go with poly bushings, grease them REALLY well! Otherwise they squeak loudly and annoyingly.
They do that anyway. I have two sets in my basement. My brother said he got tired of having the remove the sway bar to lube the bushings every time he changed the oil so he went back to OEM rubber.

Hey guys this is my first post. Can you go a little easier on me please. I know some of you are joking around but just realize that i may not be as smart as some of you experienced XJ'ers out there. I will measure the bar with a metric open end wrench and also try to get my hands on a micromiter.

Thanks.

Yeah, what they said (about measuring it) ;)

Eagle - I have poly Energy sway bar bushings and they don't squeak AT ALL. My design (perhaps the newer design?) has a zerk on the top of the arch so greasing is as easy as pie.

I don't grease them too often, just when I'm greasing the rest. I like the bushings though because the bracket is stronger than the OEM one, I twisted the hell out of my OEM brackets simply by removing my sway bar gently!

Sequoia

GSequoia,
Where did you get the Energy sway bar bushings? Is it a kit?
Did you get them at a local store?

I live in the South Bay. I've seen some in Pep Boys but they don't have a very good selection.
I got some Moog bushings that are blue and seem like some kind of rock hard rubber. I'm going to put them on this weekend. I'm hoping these last but figure I should eventually go to poly bushings.

MAP

Got them down by your neighborhood man; Autozone in Lomita at Lomita Blvd and Eshlemen (I think it's Eshlemen at least..) Anyway, they had three different sizes I think. Just check your bar size first; measure it right where the bushing goes.

Sequoia

Back