• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Think I broke something

Zoro

NAXJA Forum User
Just got the exhaust welded back together over the weekend so I can hear the finer noises again. I went wheeling about a week ago & drove it w/o the exhaust for most of last week so I couldn't hear this but today I noticed as I was rolling up to a stop light at idle w/the trans in neutral and 4wd off I get a click click click noise coming from what sounds like the left front until I stop, and I heard it again later. I didn't hear it this afternoon(might not have been paying attention) but what could this be? Ball Joint? Hubs? Rotors? I definately know I need rotors but I heard this when the brakes were off, and I've been told my ball-joints needed attention but that was about a year ago.

Any ideas?
Thanks guys

When my hubs went bad they would roar pretty loud, when the ball joints went they would pop as I was turning into a driveway. When the anti rattle spring, for the front pads, broke and fell off, it would clatter every time I hit a bump. When the front U-joint failed it would clack some while driving straight, but got worse in a corner and worse yet when I was in 4X part time. Are broken spring inside the brake drum would click click click on occasion, finally turned into a constant whoosh whoosh whoosh.
Kind of reminds me of a Letterman skit, "Know your XJ noises". Seems like every time I get one quieted down, I hear two more.

Back