• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake Lamp Switch

gopking

NAXJA Forum User
Please Help!!! I'm trying to wire in a electric brake controller and I've got the hot wired, the cold wired, and the blue brake line wired. Where is the cold brake lamp wire? It looks like it might be off the connector on the brake pedal but I can't seem to get the connector off and don't know which wire it is anyways. Anybody know which wire it is or if its even in that connector? Pictures of previous installations would be helpful. Thanks guys.

gopking said:
Please Help!!! I'm trying to wire in a electric brake controller and I've got the hot wired, the cold wired, and the blue brake line wired. Where is the cold brake lamp wire? It looks like it might be off the connector on the brake pedal but I can't seem to get the connector off and don't know which wire it is anyways. Anybody know which wire it is or if its even in that connector? Pictures of previous installations would be helpful. Thanks guys.
What year? What model? What brand/model controller?

This may be late for you but I just wired in my controller in my 96 tonight. Use the white wire coming out of the switch on the brake pedal. The red wire from your controller should go to that white wire, its the "cold" wire. The question I have is where to get the power (black wire) from? The instructions say the Batt but I dont want it hot all the time.

RayH: Take a test meter to your fuse box and find a switched power source such as the radio fuse. Then it will just have power when the ignition is on. They sell fuse taps so you can tap power right at the fuse blade while keeping the fuse in use.
Presumably the cold to the brake switch would be the ground where the switch is grounded to the body?

Back