• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

custom grills

MauriceGOL

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
So I have an 88 with an 86 front end because it is stronger. Well yes it is stronger but the lights suck and since there is some broken peices it looks like a smile with missing teeth. Does anyone know about any custom grills or front ends? Any body know how to snag one of the kits they have in asia that put grand cherokee fronts on cherokees?

Thanx for the knowledge,
Greg

There were a couple of aftermarket grill manufacturers but MB/Chrysler went after them with lawyers. They have a patent on the 7 slot grill. Lund or Stull [sthull or stuhll, something like that] I think or one of the other grill manufactures makes a stainless steel one that uses horizontally mounted tubes. I've seen a couple of XJ's around here with them. The ones I've seen at the parts stores for like dodge, ford, chevy pickups and S10's go for around $125 or so. I had one on my 76 Dodge van, stainless steel, it was OK and steel wooled up nicely about 2x a year.

Back