• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Major Driveline vibes after 3.5 lift

[email protected]

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all. Just installed a 3.5" Rubicon express lift kit. It is a 01 with a 231 and a d35. i shimmed the axle 2 degree, 3/4 inch trans drop and still vibes. I am thinking about getting a rubicon express hack an tap and a rubicon express drive shaft. What do you guys think about this setup to eliminate my problem? How well does the hack n tap work? How hard is it to tap the output shaft? what advantage would i have to get a full SYE vs cutting and tapping the old one? Any info on fixing my vibes would be very helpful. Also anyone do an SYE and new driveshaft and still have vibes with a RE 3.5 with full leaf springs? Thanks

You should do a search using "your" name.Everyone has already answered most of your questions!Its your decision to make,I spent my money twice!

Last edited:
The hack-n-tap uses the original output shaft and the original housing. The JB Conversions kit gives you a new housing with a stronger shaft and the bearing in the optimal location for the shorter housing.

Back