• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

got a rack I can borrow for a week?

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
Bike rack I mean :D I might end up getting something before Friday or fabbing something, but Friday is so close that it's not even funny.
Btw it'd be best if the rack was someplace in OC, LA or south part of the Valley (near the 101)

Thanks
Remi

Why don't you just fab one up that goes in the hitch... I used to have one for three bikes, but needed the metal so I cut it up... I have 2x2 for the reciver part if ya need it...

Scott.

Do not have a hitch mount rack but do have a trunk mount rack that works great on the XJ. Rest on top of the bumper and against the window and attaches in 3 points. Real secure and holds 3 bikes. Your to use if you need to

Clean-RC said:
Why don't you just fab one up that goes in the hitch... I used to have one for three bikes, but needed the metal so I cut it up... I have 2x2 for the reciver part if ya need it...

Scott.

Problem is time: I have a project I need to finish for a class by Thursday and I still gotta change the oil and check some fluids and pack stuff and figure out what I need to pack and I'm at school Tue Wed Thursday and I gotta..... figure out how to squeeze an extra day in a middle of it all. I did consider fabbing one up and I got some ideas and it shouldn't more than 2 ~ 3 hours tops (cutting, welding and even throwing some paint on it) but the problem is the 2~3 hours :(

Xjman1 said:
Do not have a hitch mount rack but do have a trunk mount rack that works great on the XJ. Rest on top of the bumper and against the window and attaches in 3 points. Real secure and holds 3 bikes. Your to use if you need to

How does it sit on the bumper? Cause I don't really have a rear bumper: it's recessed in relation to the hatch. If it would still work out than I think I'm more than interested :D

Last edited:
I've got a four bike receiver mounted rack; it folds down for hatch access. It has a very good departure angle to it, that way you can take your bike with you to ride back to camp. :D I live clear out hear with the normal (got em fooled) people though, not down in your neck of the sardine can. You can borrow it but I want to be able to keep an eye on it. ;)

Bent said:
I've got a four bike receiver mounted rack; it folds down for hatch access. It has a very good departure angle to it, that way you can take your bike with you to ride back to camp. :D I live clear out hear with the normal (got em fooled) people though, not down in your neck of the sardine can. You can borrow it but I want to be able to keep an eye on it. ;)
Damn why do you have to be so far out!

TAKE THE BIKE APART AND STUFF IT IN UNTIL YOU GET TO vEGAS AND i will take it from there.

I may end up having a bit of room in my Jeep, we could stuff it in there, maybe put it under my spare tire to hold it down :)

Brendan_91XJ said:
I may end up having a bit of room in my Jeep, we could stuff it in there, maybe put it under my spare tire to hold it down :)
I could stuff it into the jeep, but I was thinking about doing it the right way :D

Kejtar said:
I could stuff it into the jeep, but I was thinking about doing it the right way :D

What is wrong with stuffing it ino the Jeep? Not familiar with the quick releases?

Contact Grant and he will give you a tutorial on the art of 'Carefully Stuffing your Bike into your XJ so there will be no grease or damage to your vehicle or bike'

cracker said:
What is wrong with stuffing it ino the Jeep? Not familiar with the quick releases?

Contact Grant and he will give you a tutorial on the art of 'Carefully Stuffing your Bike into your XJ so there will be no grease or damage to your vehicle or bike'

Hey, is that a crack about my jeep being clean? Fawker.

My bike is on top on that crazy-arsed thing called a wind drag...er... huge rack.

90xj4x4 said:
I have a yakima roof mounted rack that attaches to the rain gutters. yours to use if you want it...

Thanks, but I wanted to put it on the hitch: I can attach to the roofrack as it is by just laying on the side (yeah I know I'm picky, but I don't ahve gutters anymore).

hey remster. i won't be going to moab since i fly back to mass next week. my bike rack will be unused untill i get back (13th) but i probly won't need it back untill that weekend. unfortunatly i am down i san diego right now. i will be home on friday (9/30) night late and saturday for sure. let me know if you still need one and the timing is right. give me a call 619-778-2392 cell
2" receiver mount. clears my hatch with the c-rock bumper when it's folded down. actual bike wheels are level with my upper tail lamps

mikeyl said:
hey remster. i won't be going to moab since i fly back to mass next week. my bike rack will be unused untill i get back (13th) but i probly won't need it back untill that weekend. unfortunatly i am down i san diego right now. i will be home on friday (9/30) night late and saturday for sure. let me know if you still need one and the timing is right. give me a call 619-778-2392 cell
2" receiver mount. clears my hatch with the c-rock bumper when it's folded down. actual bike wheels are level with my upper tail lamps
arggggghhhhh so close... I'm leaving Friday after work from the valley. Oh well... two more days and counting :D

Back