• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

flipped intake breather...

WobblesXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I saw a picture a couple days ago on here of an intake tube that was flipped around and going across the top of the valve cover. I'd like to do something like that but can't find the picture again. Anybody know who's this is?

Thanks,
Wobbles

WobblesXJ said:
I saw a picture a couple days ago on here of an intake tube that was flipped around and going across the top of the valve cover. I'd like to do something like that but can't find the picture again. Anybody know who's this is?

Thanks,
Wobbles
is.php

WobblesXJ said:
I knew it was someone familiar but couldn't remember who. Thanks!

Did you use the stock hose and just turn it around on the mount?
Yup.
Then I used a length of 3" exhaust pipe and a ricer filter.
Don't forget to put another PCV fitting on the opposite side of the tube.

Just tried to do this, this weekend. Not able to with the Renix system. The throttle body has a doomascoochy on the one side that makes the opening not symmetrical. So you're unable to rotate the intake tube. It's a shame, I'll probably try to figure something out another weekend when I have more time.

Okie: is there any problem closing the hood with the tube going to the pass. side? also, what are you using to insulate the tube from the valve cover?

also, I notice that nice matching red TB spacer. In your opinion, does it do anything?

Back