• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaf pack creation questions

Darky

NAXJA Forum User
Who here has any idea how it would work out if I took the 2 leafs out from under the main in a stock XJ pack and stuck them into another stock XJ pack? I'm lookin to gain maybe 1-2" here to level it with my front end and create clearance for my rear tires. It'd only be temporary until I could afford an actual lift. I'm still only looking to get about 3" out of my eventual full pack lift and 3" coils. I already have the springs, but haven't done anything with em because I, for one thing don't know how, but also because i'm not sure how driveshaft length would come into play. I've got 1.5" shackles right now so if I were to be up around 3-3.5", would that require a new ds. I know I'd get serious vibes, but what harm would be done? Thanks for answering my stupid questions...:D

Last edited:
do you have the springs already?? did you see them on the other rig??

If both are shot, well um you probably shouldn't expect much, it wont create lift, only retain the lift more ridgidly.

but I have no real experience with AAL

Good Luck

Jesse

One set is off a 98 with 60k miles. The donor set is off a early 90's with 135k. Both were said to sit pretty level and at the proper height. Got em off a fellow Marine. I have both sets currently in storage.

with that and a 3/4" -1" t case drop you might be fine...just get some longer bolts and make up a little spacer to drop it down some...its the best shot you have of overcoming vibes. my buddy used a main cherokee leave (cut the eyes off both ends) and added it to his dads xj and gave it about 1" lift. i would imagine it'd be a stiff ride, but if you added more it will hold the springs prolly prett close to how they are arched with no weight on them, which might do it for you. your back end will prolly skip around like a tube behind a ski boat tho :scottm:

Back