• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help, my NSS?

rydesolow

NAXJA Forum User
Well, I know it was my NSS that would not allow my Jeep to start. (91 XJ 8" RockReady Lift, etc), because I took it off, opened it up, and low and behold the whole lever in there had snapped off. I cleaned everything up, put cold weld on the lever to hold it, and it did, and put dielectric grease up in there. Now, the problem is, I can't get the NSS back on. I got it back on the shaft that extends from the tranny, but there is still about 1" of clearance between the tranny side and the switch. i can't push it in, or force it in. i have tried switch to park neutral drive and all the gears, and then trying to pop it in. no go. is there anything else i should know to try and get it back in? any suggestions? oh, the case also cracked in half and i cold welded it back together, looks brand new, but still wont go back in. was a hell of a time to get out, also. thanks for any help!

If I was you, i'd go to a picknpull and get a better NSS. Try putting a little bit of grease where the NSS mounts on the transmission. IIRC you can push it on all the way with your own strength.

mine was a real biotch to get back on. Put it on as far as I could then started the nut to "slowly" push it on. I agree...go to the bone yard for another one.....Ford and Sons Salvage out of NY got me one, with S&H was around $25..great deal and good people to work with...they went out of their way for me.

Back