• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Throttle Body

No they would not catch it in a smog station. I have a smog tech here at the shop and I asked the other techs also. Its not considered part of the emissions equipment so it does not even get checked.

Thanks ryurabbit. Do you know what type of exhaust mods would be legal? I know the obd II computer is real picky on that kind of thing. Off the subject. I'll be sending an app for membership and with you so close We'll probably meet sometime in the future. Thanks
Mojave Desert XJ

Out here in Borrego Springs we are still exempt!!! And any cat back system is legal. I would check if the headers from some of the aftermarket companies will be smog legal (I am sure some are) You know where Borrego Springs is?

I know where you are. I've been thinking about going out your way to do some rosy boa hunting. Are you guys still exempt out there? I wonder why they hit us and not you. They are much easier on us but we still have to do it.

Back