• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FORD injectors

gz32

NAXJA Forum User
WICH INJECTORS SHOULD I GET, (FROM FIVE O MOTOR SPORT.COM)?

should i get the bosch 19lb new ford injectors or the new bosch jeep o.e. 19lb. ones?

Do the fords have a better flow pattern of somthing?

I have a 90 jeep xj w/ 4.0 I6.

thanks
Curtiss

Mustang Injectors are a 4 port design and the OE Jeep injectors are a 1 port. So in theory the Mustang Injectors should be better for fuel atomization.

The 19# ford injectors although having a better spray pattern DO NOT flow as much fuel as a stock injector. I ran plain old ford 19# injectors for a while (Non ford motorsport kind) and the idle was slightly smoother but most noticeable was the driveability at low rpms and while the engine was cold. It didn't bog down at all and seem to run smoother. However with a slightly modified intake and high flow air filter I found the ford injector didn't quite have enough fuel flow at WOT.

Check out the speek freaks forum on Jeeps Unlimited. They have a thread that is many pages long listing various injectors, their flow rates, the pros and cons etc.

Back