• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trackbar bolt thread callout

MJ_Chubs

NAXJA Forum User
Can anyone tell me the thread callout on the trackbar nut/bolt that goes on the axle side for the front of my 91 XJ? I lost the old nut-on-a-plate in the middle of my swap and just need a hardware store nut for holding purposes.

Thanks.

Anyone? I don't have the bolt with me but I can snag a nut to replace the lost one while I'm at work. Come on.....

The best thing I can tell you to do without an actual count is to grab a few different combinations of nuts. I know for sure my 88 is not fine thread, but on a 91, I am not sure. I would think that they would near the same, except for the axles being disco and non disco.

As far as knowing what the actual thread count is, I went outside and looked at a D30 I have laying around the shop...the bolt in it looks like a 3/4 inch course thread job. However I have it laying in the parts cleaner, and will probly have to run it over the wire brush a few times to be sure. That axle came out of a michigan vehicle...RUST city.

I will let you know if the bolt is salvagable here in the next hour or so...

-T

It's a M10-1.5 bolt that's class 10.9 on my axle.

Edit: About 70mm long. I have a whole box of them if you want one.

Back