• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WJ Axle Swap

Bradlybob

NAXJA Forum User
I've done a little searching and it seems that the GC D-44 is not a good idea. Is that true?
How about the front D-30? I'd do some more searching but my boss is looking at me funny, gotta go..............

Bradlybob said:
I've done a little searching and it seems that the GC D-44 is not a good idea. Is that true?
How about the front D-30? I'd do some more searching but my boss is looking at me funny, gotta go..............
those d44 are aluminiuminuminum.... so skip those

about the only diffrence between the d30's that i know of are the ujoints are used in the xj while cv's are used in the grands.

Resurrecting the dead, but while I have one on the lift at work...

WMS to WMS is 63.5", 3.5" wider than the XJ Dana 30

Track bar mounts are OTA
Sway link mounts are double shear, higher
Coil buckets are 38" apart center to center, look higher than XJ
steering stops are non-adjustable
Lower control arm mounts are ~33" center to center, with a 3" pocket. Washers or maybe a BFH would be needed to run XJ arms.
Uses CV style shafts, different length than X / T / Z / Y or CJ stuff.
Factory track bar is double shear at both ends.
Of course it has the full crossover steering, too, & the double piston brakes.
5x5 bolt pattern
low pinion

You would need an adjustable track bar, probably shorter than most. JKS sells a kit for that.
The coil buckets would provide some lift, I think, & I'm not sure how they'd play with the XJ coils. I think you'd have to fab a coil retainer, or maybe a new seat. The WJ uses a rubber seat. that may not fit an XJ spring.

^^ EXCELLENT! If you could snap a pic or two of the sway bar mounts and the track bar mount it would go a very long way for yhose of us looking to swap the kwnuckles.

Thanks in advance!

I ask due to not being able to find one in my local JY to photo/measure.

Jeeptech001.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_20110906_173012.jpg

IMG_20110906_173002.jpg

Let me know if anyone wants other shots, these are phone & flashlight shots and it is kind of a cluster under there

Back