• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OBA, different objective

summitlt

NAXJA Forum User
I was thinking of doing an on board air setup. Mostly because my AC doesnt work, and I dont have the initiative to fix it.

Im not really intrested in being able to run air tools, just want something to air up my tires with after I air down. I also want to be able to avoid running a air tank, just go directly from the compressor to the line to a tire. Kinda like those cheapie compressors you get from walmart.

Is it worthwhile to do this? Will the compressor last? Will it be dead slow?

it will work very well for tires. though I have a 2 gallon tank on mine (rear bumper) I've never used it for air tools, but I've used it for my tires (and everyone else with me usually) too many times to count. It is WAY faster than the cheapie 12v compressors.

BrettM said:
it will work very well for tires. though I have a 2 gallon tank on mine (rear bumper) I've never used it for air tools, but I've used it for my tires (and everyone else with me usually) too many times to count. It is WAY faster than the cheapie 12v compressors.
Agreed, they are great for tires.
AFA air tools are concerned, I'd rather have a York or a high quality 12v compressor.

Back