• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

mirrors and door handles...

ren

NAXJA Forum User
If any body is interested, the '97 & up mirrors are a bolt on, and the door handles are too, IF you change the "rocker" plate on the back of the handle for the one off the old style handle. You do not have to change/bend any linkage rods, just use the little "bump stop" off the new style plate and reassamble your door.

No pix yet, but I will have a BUNCH to post next weekend. A friend of mine is coming over to pay his regards to our familys' baby girl that was born this morning. When my friend comes over, he is bringing his dig. camera and is going to let me use it to shoot pix and post them, since I have ALOT of stuff going on with my MJ prerunner project ( under hood stuff, axle swaps/supension mods, etc..). I may do some more this weekend, since my wife and daughter will not be coming home until Monday.

Ive had the 97+ Mirrors on for a while, they look better than the 84-96, and theyre way bigger.

jlh said:
Is this also true for the power mirrors?

Yes,
If you have Power Mirrors you can put the newer style Power Mirrors on it.

Nothing says you can't add power mirrors also (just more work).
Michael

2xtreme said:
Yes,
If you have Power Mirrors you can put the newer style Power Mirrors on it.

Nothing says you can't add power mirrors also (just more work).
Michael

Very true, You could even swap on the Heated versions for extra Bling!

Just run a wire to a new relay switched from the rear defogger relay.

Dingo

On the power window/mirror thing, you will need the pigtails of wiring that go to the harness on the chassis side ( you need both sides of the plug, plus around 8-10 inches of wiring to splice into your stock wiring). The plugs are different.

I have a 99 XJ and I broke one of the mirrors. (hit a tree). The one I got to replace it is heated, the one before was not. Does any one know if the heated mirror will work or not, if it does with out me haveing to do any new wiring I will go back to the junk yard and the the one off the other side. I live in michigan so it would be really nice in the winter. Thanks for the help.

Yep they are run off the rear defrost switch the wireing was there on my 00 so I would assume on a 99 too. You should see it when you pull the door pannel. The wiring was there for the Infinity tweeters too. Which was also plug and play.

i didn't have any wiring for the infinity tweeters, unless it is tucked some where in the door. and there were no extra wires for the heated mirror on the 97 i took it off of, just the power mirror plug and the tweeter plug. my 99 didn't have a tweeter plug, just the mirror plug. is the wire for the heated mirror in the mirror plug?

Big Kev said:
i didn't have any wiring for the infinity tweeters, unless it is tucked some where in the door. and there were no extra wires for the heated mirror on the 97 i took it off of, just the power mirror plug and the tweeter plug. my 99 didn't have a tweeter plug, just the mirror plug. is the wire for the heated mirror in the mirror plug?
The wiring for the 97+ power mirrors have a red connecter plug with 6 wires in it.
A non-heated mirror plugs into this red connecter but it has only 4 wires within the 'mirror side' of the connector.
The heated mirror has 6 wires on the mirror side of the red connector.
A heated mirror swap is truely a plug and play upgrade.
The wires for the optional Infiniti tweeters are on a separate 2 wire black connecter which is mounted a little lower on the door. If you Jeep doesn't have the Infiniti tweeters, the connecter will be empty (other than running to the main harness).

Back