• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LTB's

ahhhh what trails ya runnin

how long do you dd 5 miles there great 20 the'll get old quick also all tsl's are soft they wear quickly ltb's are also bias ply making them flatspot when it's cold and give a rougher ride for a dd/trail rig i would recomend MTR's

they are great on the trail and 34x10.5 is a great size for a cherokee

I have them for about 2 years...They are great on the trail....yeah the flat sopts are a pain but they come out pretty qucikly..but I olny drive about 5 miles or less to work...

I run a bit of everything, mud, bog, rocks and that's all on the one trail here!! lol. I'm looking for something bigger than my 31s soon and was really interested in the LTB's, but I want something that's gonna give me some decent tread wear also where it is a daily driver. Thanks for the input guys!

Chris

What about the Trxus? I got those and they are really nice on the road. And they do pretty well on the trail.
They have them in 33 and 34x12.5 but not 10

242.jpg

I live my LTB's. I drive back and forth to the trail's(200 miles one way) and they ride great on the road and even better on the trail. The 34x10.50's look good on an XJ

DSCN9286.jpg

27322892.jpg

Yes I have them but I don't have time to show pics quite yet. After class I will.

They are incredible on the trail, couldn't ask for more traction. On the road they are..well, fun. The tread wear with my Detroit in the rear isnt too great (although I do like drifting it occasionally) but thats what you'll have to expect from them. Only problem I've ever had with them is a whole lug ripping off on the highway at 80 mph. I think I took a nice chunk out on a wheeling trip and the 80 mph wasnt too friendly with them. I got a new tire and now run that as my spare, and stay around 75 on the highway and have had no problems at all. Great tire for the money.

Thanks alot guys, I've been looking at getting these for a while now but didn't know anything about them. Looks like i'll end up getting these when I get the funds!

Thanks again

Chris

Here's some pic whoring.

The chunk thats missing out of my spare. The tread started to seperate from the casing, so I decided it was time for a new one, haha.

CIMG4463_Medium.sized.jpg

You can see it starting to split here...

CIMG4465_Medium.sized.jpg

3 hockey pucks per side and some mild trimming at 4.5-5" of lift is the perfect setup for these tires.

CIMG4502_Medium.jpg

34" LTBs in the forground, 33x12.5 Trxus in the backround. Damn near the same suspension setup.

CIMG4515_Medium.sized.jpg

The sidewalls DEFINATLY flex. I've only lost a bead once with these tires on 15x7s. I wanted to see how low I could go. 4 psi and a lot of skinny pedal on a rocky hillclimb got me that answer. I usually run them at 8-10 psi and they climb everything I ask them to.

IMG_5239_Medium.sized.jpg

CIMG4906_Medium.jpg

The 4 psi incident...

CIMG3680_Medium.jpg

CIMG3687_Medium.sized.jpg

My buddy also runs them on his grand. I think he was at 12 psi here. Pretty sweet.

CIMG3677_Medium.sized.jpg

Excellent tire. I DD mine as well and the tires have no problems with the 3.5 hour trips from school to home. As I stated before, the big bias plys aren't really meant to do 80+ mph. You can feel them starting to hop and whatnot at that speed.

Best thing about them, they are cheap as hell. :wave:

Last edited:
thanks, i've been trying to decide about these too. what do they truly measure on your jeep. i know interco has a chart, but in real life, sitting under your jeep...if you dont mind. thanks

Ramsey said:
thanks, i've been trying to decide about these too. what do they truly measure on your jeep. i know interco has a chart, but in real life, sitting under your jeep...if you dont mind. thanks

I'll go get measurements with pics a little later. Check back tonight and if they aren't up PM me or something since i probably forgot.

89Wagoneer said:
Thanks a lot, you guys have me sold on those tires! :D They are as big as i'm interested in going and with the great traction i'll have a set soon.

Thanks again,

Chris

:wave: No problem. Good choice too.

Timmay said:
I'll go get measurements with pics a little later. Check back tonight and if they aren't up PM me or something since i probably forgot.

Personally I have never owned a WORSE set of tires.

I dumped those POS's for some A/Ts!!!

They are really nasty on the street for one. They really really really had no traction in Moab, where generally everything has good traction. They stunk on the rocks out in the west.

I dont do mud, so I cant tell you about that.

I would get anything besides a Swamper. Maybe the IROKs, but wouldnt touch the others with a 10ft pole.

JMO

Matt

LTB's are a good tire for wheelin, but I wouldn't get one for a combo on/offroad tire. They're a soft compound bias-ply that wears quickly onroad, one of the reasons they work so well offroad. They'll flat-spot so it'll shake your jeep loose until they warm up. Not to mention they're tough to balance well enough for extended street use.

Get a TrXus MT if you want an all-around tire, otherwise run two sets of tires and save the LTB's for the wheelin trips.

Back