• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Request to change trail rating/departure time

Handlebars

NAXJA Member #135
In light of recent developments on the Kane Creek trail I would like to change the trail rating from "M" to to "D" and the departure time from 8:45 to 8 AM.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=65121

I lead a group of 20 "M" rigs through there at the '03 Fall Fling and it took an entire day to get through. It was a fun and challanging M-rated trail but it sounds like it might have become a whole lot more fun. In the interests of getting off the trail before dark can we make these changes?

Anybody have any further info on the changes to the trail.

here is the info we have

Ok, I asked Derek to go run Kane creek yesterday, and the word is, They had a HELL of a time getting the trail done. Right off the bat, there has been a couple of newer roads that go no where, if it wasn't confusing enough. The dugway was not to bad, just need to watch tire placement as drive around the cliff edge, it has been washed out in a place or two. The nastyness is trying to get out of Muleshoe canyon, their group of 5 rigs Derek on 32's smallest and an XJ on 36's, everyone locked front and rear ended up having to winch out of the wash. so, that would be a big yes on it being QUITE a bit harder than in the past

Back