• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

C8.25 w/ 8.8 Brakes

Lisk98XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Alright, since these ZJ parts are difficult to find and/or get separate from an entire axle i have thought about doing 8.8 brakes. From what i have read the axle tube on an 8.8 is 3.25 inches and narrows down to 2.75 inches at the end, im assume that the caliper bracket has a hole in it that fits 2.75 inches. The C8.25 has a tube of 3.00 inches, so it appears as if i were to take 1/8" off of the bracket it would fit on the tube. My concerns fall under whether or not that is alot of material to remove(strength-wise) and whether or not the mounting bracket lines up with the mounting holes on the C8.25. Anybody shed some light on this?

Thanks.

Lisk98XJ said:
Alright, fair enough i have an 8.8 and 8.25 sitting at a buddy's house in PA, ill look into it when i go out there next weekend...

Do us a favor and report back when you have checked this out. Thanks

I just did 8.8 brakes on a c8.25 its not as simple as bolting on like the ZJ. The holes in the backing plate dont line up so they will need to be redrilled. Its do able but not as easy as the ZJ backing plates.

91xjsport said:
I just did 8.8 brakes on a c8.25 its not as simple as bolting on like the ZJ. The holes in the backing plate dont line up so they will need to be redrilled. Its do able but not as easy as the ZJ backing plates.

Did you run into other problems?
Now that its done, how do they work?

yea, I just put 32's on my rig and I pull a trailer up I70 with 2 atv's. Time to regear and het that stroker dropped.

Last edited:
Back