• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SocalXJ/NAXJA first ride

gcurtis

Shirley Temple was a nug.
Meet at the parking lot of Aliso Woods at 8AM and expect to have a beer or three. We'll ride up Cholla and down ?????????. If we drop down Valhalla or Telonix then we'll clmib Steps. If not, we'll ride down Rokit, newbs and all.

RSVP on the board and the :10 minute rule applies :)10 after 9A... beers between them).

gcurtis said:
Meet at the parking lot of Aliso Woods at 8AM and expect to have a beer or three. We'll ride up Cholla and down ?????????. If we drop down Valhalla or Telonix then we'll clmib Steps. If not, we'll ride down Rokit, newbs and all.

RSVP on the board and the :10 minute rule applies :)10 after 9A... beers between them).
:twak: isn't it 9am to meet in the first place?

Last edited:
I don't think that Remi (or I for that matter) is ready to ride with the RADS. And I don't really think it would be a good idea to take any novice rider down Telonics, or even Rock-It. They would be walking more than riding, and that can be very discouraging and not very fun.

IMO, Remi should stick with me and I'll have him progress gradually. Unless, of course, Remi WANTS to drink beer and propel himself down a steep rocky mountain. :D

xjohnnyc said:
I don't think that Remi (or I for that matter) is ready to ride with the RADS. And I don't really think it would be a good idea to take any novice rider down Telonics, or even Rock-It. They would be walking more than riding, and that can be very discouraging and not very fun.
IMO, Remi should stick with me and I'll have him progress gradually.
:clap: sounds like voice of reason to me :D
Unless, of course, Remi WANTS to drink beer and propel himself down a steep rocky mountain. :D
Oh, I'd rather drink the BEER later while remaining in one piece.

Ah fella's, I'm just screwin' with y'all.

You have to tease the rooks. I was going to go up Cholla or Lynx and down Rockit or Linx. However, I might have a chance to get out of town on late notice... I'll know manana.

Slowrider and I took Remi out on his third ride today at Aliso Woods. Did Coyote, Cholla, Lynx, Coyote, then Dripping Cave.

Remi does pretty good on the singletrack and is improving on the downhill. But he still sucks (literally) on the uphill. :) But that comes with time.

His new bike is a big improvement over his old POS. But we gotta get him to get rid of those jean shorts.

xjohnnyc said:
Slowrider and I took Remi out on his third ride today at Aliso Woods. Did Coyote, Cholla, Lynx, Coyote, then Dripping Cave.

Remi does pretty good on the singletrack and is improving on the downhill. But he still sucks (literally) on the uphill. :) But that comes with time.

His new bike is a big improvement over his old POS. But we gotta get him to get rid of those jean shorts.

Yeah I think that I need a tune up and a major engine overhaul. I wish I had more time to get out there and ride just to get into shape.

Good for you Remi!

Get some shorts!

Back