• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

electrical problems

Deyman

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all,

I have a 97 sport w/ 100k miles on it. The a/c system was working intermittently last year. The a/c clutch seemed to kick on whenever it felt like it. So I jiggled all the wires with the a/c "on" and thought I found a loose connection. I tied the wire connectors tight, and the a/c seemed to be fine. I tried turning on the a/c this year and nothing. A/C fan clutch is not engaging no matter how many wires I jiggle. I checked the fuses, all are good. The computer is throwing a code 33 which is a bad a/c relay. Does this relay have anything to do with the fog lights? I had to rebuild the fog light switch a couple years back too. I wonder if one is shorting out the other? Anyone else had this problem? Also every now and then after driving a while, the "check guages" light comes on and the oil pressure drops to zero. It's running fine, and I know there's plenty of oil in it. Oil pressure sensor? I'd hate to spend lots of money sending it to the shop if it's an easy fix. I'm almost tempted to ignore these things, but I gotta drive my 19 month old boy around, and he can get pretty pissed when he's overheated.

Have a good one!

Deyman

Back