• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone ever put a yourk pump into an xj

94xjkyle

NAXJA Forum User
i have a couple of old yourk pumps layin around and i want to put one into the rig but im having trouble gitting it to fit. one idea i had was to obviosly remove the current ac compresor, and move the alternator up and put the yourk pump where the alternator was. by the way the ac compresor that is in it now is shot and i dont want to spend the money to get a new one. any help is good help, so if you have any ideas or links that might help please let me know. thanks

FYI......its YORK

And yes i have......Just move the battery, battery tray & trim a little of the inner fender well. Fab up a bracket to mount the York to and find a belt that will fit.

If the stock compressors still mounted with the belt on it...just use that as a OBA....... Intake:: Oiler to intake, Discharge:: Oil Trap, check valve, pressure switch to tank....to chuck...done deal

If i had to do it all over again.....id just use the stock a/c unit.

I have also FABBED a bracket to mount a YORK compressor to the side of the current compressor. I swapped the clutch for a serpentine clutch, added an idler pulley, and used a longer belt on my '98. I've been VERY pleased with the results. I did have to reroute/modify the condensor in/out puts some for clearance though. Jeff

I you are removeing your ac, and want to bolt up a york pump, just get the brackets off of a CJ 258 with a york pump. It will bolt right up.

So, you are saying that with the brackets from a CJ 258 for the york A/C, will bolt right up to my XJ with little to no mods? That would be way cool. If thats the case, I will fill all the tires on my block until the Sanden burns up! Do you have picks?
Shawn

flash_gordon said:

what does "picks" stand for?

Pictures?

if so the proper abriviation would be "Pics"

it is infact pronounced "picks" but spelles Pics because the first three letters of Pictures are "P" "I" and "C"

15298.JPG

Today was brought to you by the letter "K"

flash_gordon said:
Yes, pics. thanks for that value packed post :D

thank you for taking it in stride

94xjkyle said:
ok i think im gonna try to convert the current ac compressor to a oba. do you have anymore details on how all that works?

there is a nifty function that this and many other off road boards and the internet for that matter have...

top right of the screen underneath the adverrtisements - oh

there it is

search...

try this:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=65828&highlight=oba

im still alitlle confused about some of the hoses or somethin melting???? but i get everything else

inline oiler on intake side and an oil seperator/filter on output side

and if i dont want to run a presure switch can i just wire my own switch up to turn the compressor on when i want?

94xjkyle said:
im still alitlle confused about some of the hoses or somethin melting???? but i get everything else

inline oiler on intake side and an oil seperator/filter on output side

and if i dont want to run a presure switch can i just wire my own switch up to turn the compressor on when i want?

the seperator on the outlet side melted on OT's setup because it was too close to the compressor.

mount it far enough away and you are golden...

and a switch would do you just fine - though remember to turn it off when you shut the car off, that AC clutch pulls something like 5A and i have killed a battery leaving mine on...

Back