• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wrangler Rubicon Coil Question

MoochsXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I tired the search and it kept giving me stuff about Rubicon Express, my question is, does anyone know if Wrangler Rubicon coils will swap into an XJ(like the ZJ V8 coils) and would they provide any lift? Thanks in advance.

I have no idea but unless you were getting these for free I wouldn't bother. They are very expensive from a dealer.

TJ coils are generally about an inch shorter than factory XJ coils. Not to sure about how tall the Rubi coils are, but they will doubtfully provide any lift on an XJ since Rubis are not much taller than a regular TJ.

I did have a source that I could get them cheap and used (less then 10K miles) but if at the end of the day I replaced my coils for nothing it does kinda seem pointless. If i had time, money and a second car I'd try it, but I guess that can be said for a lot of things. Thanks guys.

I have a TJ that I put Rubicon coils on and then I swapped in my old XJ coils and they were about .25" higher. Neither were worth the effort of the swap. With that info I would guess the TJ Rubicon springs would slightly lower your XJ.

Back