• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Food on the Miracle Mile

karstic

NAXJA Forum User
Friday night Sonia and I are going to LACMA to see the King Tut exhibit. Can anyone recommend a decent place to eat around there?

I've heard good things about the Stinking Rose on La Cienega just North of Wilshire (if I recall); this only applies if you two like garlic!

Most of the restaurants I know are down in the South Bay...

karstic said:
Friday night Sonia and I are going to LACMA to see the King Tut exhibit. Can anyone recommend a decent place to eat around there?

You have a url on the exibit? I'm interested in going to see it..

I work right there.
Ok there are tons of food joints. Not sure what time your gonna be there but the Grove has some really nice restaurants. Fairfax and beverly, next to the farmers market. Also if you continue west on wilshire and go South on Beverly dr. alot of nice restaurants there. There is a Marie calenders on wilshire across my office Spelling/Variety building.(cool bar inside) Ill think of more and update this tomarrow.

karstic said:
My wife and 4th grade daughter are there today on a school field trip. They packed sack lunches. ;) PBJ, man!

cal said:
You have a url on the exibit? I'm interested in going to see it..

It may not be easy to get tix by now, the early sessions were sold out by March. Great exhibit, though.

Cal, if you can't make it there, the Bowers has a killer (pardon the pun) mummy exhibit going right now.

How good a meal do you want?

Meat Lover's Paradise

Look for the "Beverly Hills" location. I went past the Tut exhibit on my way home from Fogo the last time I went (last week). It'll run you about $150 for two people for dinner, a few drinks and dessert and tip (depending on how you drink!). If you LOVE red meat - you should do this at least once.

Use this as an opportunity to eat as good as King Tut!

bburge

Bill what was the price/person just for the meal?

Blazair said:
My wife and 4th grade daughter are there today on a school field trip. They packed sack lunches. ;) PBJ, man!
The King Tut exhibit was reported to be mediocre. The PBJ was reported to be excellent.

Back