• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 6300 5.5 Long arm?

jeepboy_90

NAXJA Forum User
I am been searching for about and hour and reading alot of very good info. I would still ike to know if it is even worth the switch? It seems like alot of you like the long arm and alot do not care for it. I will buying a lift in the next month or two and want to make the right choice first. I am going with the RE 6130 w/ ZJ coils and 4.5 packs or going w/ a long arm kit. Maybe RE 6300 or any ideas. Point me in the right direction. Thanks for your time.

the only kits I like are the RE drop brackets, TnT longarms, Full-Traction longarms, and the Skyjacker sub-frame and arms (replace the heims). I don't know much about the new RockKrawler 3 link, so no judgement there. I don't like the RE, Rusty's or Clayton's longarms.

BrettM said:
the only kits I like are the RE drop brackets, TnT longarms, Full-Traction longarms, and the Skyjacker sub-frame and arms (replace the heims). I don't know much about the new RockKrawler 3 link, so no judgement there. I don't like the RE, Rusty's or Clayton's longarms.

Interesting list. Just out of curiosity, would you care to explain the decision factor on each opinion?

-Cal

BrettM said:
no, i'm lazy

most of my dislikes are for ground clearance or mounting methods.

Fair enough, I was just curious as I just went through and looked at the different systems. I ended up going RE drop brackets.

do it right the first time....TnT customs!!

I've heard that some people don't like the RE longarms because of the lack of instructions. The tnt kit seems to be the crowd favorite though, since it covers pretty much every area of weakness that other kits have.

Ill throw in .02 - I have had all 3 major lifts, RE, RK, and now skycrapper. Yes I meant skycrapper.

Ill start with the worst of the 3: the crapper is a worthless worthless worthless worthless worthless worthless worthless worthless worthless worthless worthless worthless worthless worthless worthless worthless worthless worthless worthless worthless worthless lift to be call long arms, its ALOT of extra steel just randomly bolted to the subframe to make it look useful. The arms arnt much longer than adjustable short arms. Did I also mention that there springs sag and suck?

RE: Not bad, you do get what you pay for, I had this one a while back when they were still using the TJ front arms and I didnt care for the rubber bushing aspect, it may have changed.

RK: AWSOME - no rubber, tri-link, easy to install, only minor welding needed, fairly quite in a DD and flexes like a mad fool in the circus. On a 30* ramp with the 9.5 coils, I can max out, and still lose a coil formt he other side, lol.

I have the rusty 6.5 la kit. The frt works great.No binding of any parts.The only prob is the fact that the rear spring are pulling my shackles into the body. I have gone crawling with 500lbs in the back to try to get them to relax. No change. In the rear I would run 4.5 springs and 1.5 shackles.Thats my 2 cents.

BrettM said:

I'm with Brett here. If you want a full long arm lift, go Full Traction. If you have a lift already and want to add long arms, go TnT Customs. If you want to keep short arms, R.E. Drop Brackets are your best bet. If you want to run a mid arm, and drop alot of money for the skyjacker subframe, then thats also a nice setup............:lecture:

I have the RK4.5 long arm and it is amazing on and off the road. The flex is crazy and the springs havent saged at all for me and ive been wheeling a lot now for a couple months on it. The ride on the road is better than stock. It would be worth your time to look into RK kit. I installed it in a weekend by my self. Granted it was a long one but it got done. Best of luck to you.

To me it looks as if the Upgrade TnT Y-link long arms tuck up tighter then any other ones, they have an angle to them. The RE kit doesn't have this bend incorporated into it's design. Actually, I think the Fabtech Y-Link kit looks the best of all of them!

barillms said:
To me it looks as if the Upgrade TnT Y-link long arms tuck up tighter then any other ones, they have an angle to them. The RE kit doesn't have this bend incorporated into it's design. Actually, I think the Fabtech Y-Link kit looks the best of all of them!

It is only available for teh TJ currently and it costs you around 4" of ground clearance the TNT kit you gian ground clearance...the
only one by the way

I run the RE 6200 with the drop brackets and it still flexes very nice and the ride is not bad either. But I am thinking about the TNT long arm kit for the spring I have heard a lot of good things about them.

normal_wheeling%207-27%20003.jpg

Back