• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 3.5" ride lift upgrades

PEAFMAN

NAXJA Forum User
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know there has been a good amount of discussion on the RE 3.5" ride kit and the flex kit. I'm looking to get the ride kit and then upgrade in the future. I've read that I can upgrade by adding parts and not buying a new entire kit. Does anybody have any experience w/ RE lifts and upgrading when i gain a little more experience.

If you see this same post on the jeep pictures page i posted it there by mistake. What can i say i'm a newbie:)

the only real difference between the super ride and the super flex would be the sway bar disconnects, and superflex joints on one end of the control arms. sway bar disconnects would be the most helpful for you. when you order from RE, ask them if you can upgrade to sway bar disconnects, not much more money, and will make a huge difference wheeling. by disconnecting the sway bar you allow A LOT more flex in the axle.

it really isnt cost-efective to simply "upgrade" a kit most of the time. if it were in conjunction with a higher lift then it makes sense. IE: taller coils with same control arms, adding swaybar disconnects leter, and such.

decide NOW what control arms you want, they arent cheap to "upgrade".

do yourself a favor and use the search button.

The "super-ride" arms cannot be up-graded to "super-flex".

Back