• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Geolander AT+II question

JT_Law

NAXJA Forum User
Just noticed this weekend that my new Yoko Geolanders show max load at 50psi cold on sides, tire store installed at 35psi. Should I be running 35 or is that going to wear edges?

98% is on road, with off-road increasing weekly, lol

This is on a 98 with 3.5 RE Super Ride, 31-10.50's

Thanks

The psi is based on the actual load being carried,since those tires are rated at 2270lbs each you wouldnt want be anywhere near there.The best way is to pull a tire pattern.

35psi sounds pretty good, I run tires rated at 50 psi and I run them at about 37 psi. Thats the pressure (the max pressure number) you need if you run them (on say a fullsize truck) giving them their full rated weight. X2 on checking out the wear pattern to determine what on-road psi you need.

Last edited:
35 psi is the industry standard for auto and light truck/suv tires for a safe ride pressure

from the factory cars r built, far as handling is concerned, to ride on 35 psi. in the shop i work in, the shop boy has to set every cars tire pressure to 35 psi before it leaves...

Back