• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3.5" lift add'ls

mg614

NAXJA Forum User
With the RE 3.5 lift do I need anything additional? I have searched this and most SYE's are recomended for "over 3.5" lift". On this forum some of you have gone with the SYE on a 3.5" lift and some have not. Want to get rolling on this. Any and all help appreciated!

2000 XJ. So if anything more than a 2" BB lift requires a TC drop and/or SYE? With a SYE you need the CV driveshaft also? Sounds like once you go to lift, you might as well "go for it" because you need the add'l mods too. I thought the 3.5" would save me the trouble. Now I might as well go for 4.5" or 5.5". Am I correct?
Thanks!

I have the RE 3.5" SF kit(2000 XJ Classic), I dropped xfer case 1" and have never had a problem, even at 50 through heavy woops w/out sye and cv shaft.

That's what I want to hear! This is a daily driver for me so I don't want to do too many mods. I already have another 4x4 to tear up. Once the Jeep is paid for.....that's a different story.
Thanks man

That may be what you want to hear, but it's not always the case. Be prepared to need the SYE anyway.

X2.
Vibes rolling off the car lot w/ no lift(2000XJ).3" lift with H-n-T kit,still vibes.HD SYE kit at 6" plus for over 3 years now runnin smooth as silk!

Yucca-Man said:
That may be what you want to hear, but it's not always the case. Be prepared to need the SYE anyway.
That statement is so true. My 98 was fine up to 3". Thenn all hell broke loose when I oput it up to 5"ish. I ordered my SYE kit immediately and have never looked back. By far most likely the best 'driving' mod I have done.

My 2000 w/RE 3.5" lift had to have the SYE and CV shaft to even get out of the driveway good. I didn't want to drop the Tcase anyway. The kit was closer to five inches of lift. Once I got the shims right it was smooth sailing. Been more than a year now. Everythings fine. It's a good kit.

Got it. I will plan on the SYE and CV shaft without TC drop. That's cool I guess. Just gives me a reason to go for the bigger lift. Thanks guys. I think I'm starting to get it. My other 4x4 is a Nissan HB and with the IFS it's TOTALLY different.
This here's a good forum.

Don't forget that with the RE you can eliminate the t-case drop and the front RE discos from your order for a credit; get the JKS Quicker Discos in their place.

Back