• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can someone give me a rundown of what maintenance I should/should've done...

Safari Ary

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I'm at 55k miles and about to go to Tellico on Wednesday. The oil has been changed regularly. I just did the plugs. The starter is new. I'm having the tranny flushed today, and then draining and refilling the T-case. Are there any things I should change/clean?? Fuel filter? Any sensors that start to go around this mileage? Just trying to do a little preventative maintenance so I don't ruin my trip. Thanks

Ary

P.S. This is on an '01 with 4.5" and 33s and stock gears(just fyi)

Front and rear axles. Put a grease gun on all of the grease fittings in the front of the jeep. Other than that I think you have everything covered.

And don't miss the grease fitting on the front drive shaft, it is on the shaft so you may have to rotate it to find it. Fillup the windshield washer fluid, pack a spray bottle of windex and one of those teflon pads for cleaning bugs off the windshield, I also clean my windshield with ammonia, then I clean it again with brasso and then I wax it with turtle wax. Also spray your headlights with PAM or other non-stick spray, will keep the headlights cleaner and the bugs won't stick to badly and get baked on. Pack a spare serp belt, spare can of R134 and hose for the compressor, I hate loosing the AC in the middle of a trip. Extra gallon of premixed anti-freeze.
I also pack a few other tools that I normally don't carry, 28oz framing hammer, spray lube and my trusty butane powered soldering iron :D

check your belt, check your radiator hoses, check your air filter (and clean/replace as needed), check your brakes.... and of course under any case do not forget to top off the headlight fluid :D
Kejtar

Back