• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alarm removal

Incredible Hulk

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 97 and need to remove the stupid dealer alarm. It is so annoying and I never use it. So, where is it and how do I trace it to get it out of there? Anyone give me a direction to follow? Thanks
josh

If it's like an aftermarket alarm, the alarm is just a brain that controls a pack of relays. Find all the relays and jump the wires by connecting the wire on the common pin to the wire on either the normally open or normally closed pin. Try doing each relay at a time, so if something doesn't work after removing 1 relay, you know which relay caused it.

It depends on the quality and price of the alarm, but if its a cheap-o alarm, the box and sensor should be hidden in the drivers side kick panel or right above you feet under the dash. Cheap ones dont tap into ingniton (car wont start if alarm activates), basicly they just make noise when the sensor is touched off. If your lucky and its a cheap alarm, just unplug it and take it out, sometimes you can leave the wires.

But i've only installed cheap alarms, by boss did all the Avitals himself.

Back