• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

changed tcase fluid. now having problems

aduke

NAXJA Forum User
today a changed the fluid in my 90' xj selecttrac( 242?) auto. I was testing it and it shifted right into parttime high. but wolnt go into full time. it will go into low too. the four wheel drive is definatly working. but it will not shift back into two wheel drive! i have never had a problem with this before. I have tried every way of shifting it numerous times. please help me i need to drive this to school tommarow.

thanks

aduke said:
today a changed the fluid in my 90' xj selecttrac( 242?) auto. I was testing it and it shifted right into parttime high. but wolnt go into full time. it will go into low too. the four wheel drive is definatly working. but it will not shift back into two wheel drive! i have never had a problem with this before. I have tried every way of shifting it numerous times. please help me i need to drive this to school tommarow.

thanks
What did you put in it?

Double check your tires to make sure they are all the same size, wear and pressure as well. The Selec-Trac NP242 can be picky when it comes to that.

Ditto On Yucca Man's Post

I once was in the middle of a swap out for new tires and the rears were bigger
at that moment. The 242 hung up in 4WD and it wasn't until all four corners matched again that I was able to return to 2WD Bill-93XJ

Back